Starting a landscaping project can seem daunting, no matter how big or small it is. Whether you need a full property makeover, a new backyard patio, or some quick curb-appeal for a home sale, we can take care of it all – start to finish.
Or, if you prefer, we can help you with one project at a time. It’s up to you.
We can adapt to fit your preference
We can come analyze your site and consult with you while there (safe distancing/mask protocols apply).
Or, if you prefer a “no-contact” consultation, we’re happy to swing by, analyze your site, and then consult with you via phone, Zoom, etc.
Design & Consultation Services
Garden Advice Sessions
“How can we get our hydrangeas blooming again? Are the irises ready to divide? Should I plant conifers on my slope?
Get your questions answered during a one-on one session. Customers appreciate this no-obligation chance to get useful horticultural and planting advice about their property. Afterwards, we’re happy to give you a quote for a conceptual sketch. But the session is simply for talking. (60 minutes; hourly rate applies).
Landscape Design Consultations
Are you thinking about hiring a professional to update your landscaping? Consider a design consultation, first. We can schedule a design/install expert to come meet with you and discuss design ideas for an area of your property. While there, we also evaluate the site. (90 minutes; hourly rate applies).
Afterwards, here are options:
- If you like what we discussed, and you are ready to incorporate the ideas, we can provide a free estimate of what we’d charge to do the landscaping work. (no design)
- If you want a better sense of how a landscaping idea might work, we can create a conceptual sketch to help you visualize things. Just request a quote for that specific design work. (design quote based on our site analysis, and the size and complexity of your project.)
Design & Install Landscape Package
Better Together! If you hire ATD to install your new landscaping, we deduct our consultation/design fees from your final invoice.
Many customers prefer to have an experienced designer guide them – start to finish — through the renovation process. When you order our design/install package, we assign a dedicated landscape pro to consult with you. This person then creates a conceptual sketch and customized planting plan to help you visualize the proposed landscape renovation. Together you do the planning, make hardscaping decisions, and plant choices. They will oversee your renovation on installation day.
Planning is key – so is daydreaming!
Before your design consultation
- Make a copy of your property plat for our reference (typically filed with home-purchase records).
- Establish realistic budget parameters. (This can help you decide whether to renovate your landscaping in stages, or all at once).
- Go out and look around your landscape. Note what you might change, add, or remove. Notice any repairs or hardscaping upgrades you’d like to discuss.
Important questions to keep in mind when planning a landscape design
- Does the yard have any drainage problems?
- Do you have deer in the area that may eat plants?
- Have you set aside a budget for landscaping?
- Will you want to install the landscape in sections?
- What specific use will the various areas have?
- Are you looking to create a secluded area with privacy?
- How much time do you spend in the yard?
- What is your favorite season for enjoying your yard?
- Will landscape lighting be needed?
- Are you thinking of installing an irrigation system?
- Which spots in the yard do you see yourself spending time in? Why do you like these areas?
- What are your favorite plants-evergreens, perennials and what colors do you like best for flowers?
- Will the landscape require any walkways or patios? Do you prefer natural stone?
- Will you be maintaining landscape or will you hire a company?
Our garden planners are happy to share insights about local outdoor property trends, gardening practices, new plant materials, and more. Increasingly, our clients are asking to enhance their outdoor living spaces with stone patios, grilling decks, firepits, retaining walls that double as additional seating space.
Multi-use Retaining Walls
Unique Garden Spaces
Small Garden Spaces